Shawnee Hills has a wide variety of speciality shops around the wine trail. Are you looking for a local bakery to satisfy your sweet tooth or cater your special event? Look no further, we recommend only the best! Our local vineyards, farms and orchards are a great place to shop local and eat fresh! Looking for a special gift? Makanda & Cobden are right along the trail and they have a wide variety of local artisans work, handmade jewellery, crafts and antiques to suit everyone’s desire!
- Bison Bluff Farms: Nestled on approximately 1,100 acres in rural Cobden, IL., we have approximately 350 head of bison roaming. If you would like to find out more about the bison or to make an appointment to purchase the bison meat, please call (618) 521-5102.
- Cristaudo's: Cristaudo's is back! Under original family ownership baking the treats you remember! We offer full service catering, our signature line of cookies, pastries, a cafe' lunch menu, custom cakes and more! Our 6Pence shop carries unique gifts, cards, handmade items and coming soon is our new restaurant all located in the Kaleidoscope Mercantile on the strip in Carbondale! Call 618-529-4303 for details!
- Hedman Vineyard & Peach Barn: Browse through our Scandinavian Gift Shop while tasting our estate wines. 618.893.4923
- Larry's House of Cakes: Larry's House of Cakes has been helping Southern Illinois Live the Sweet Life for over 50 years! Whether it is a daily indulgence by treating yourself to a cupcake or brownie; or celebrating any special occasion, we are honored & proud to be a part of turning your daily moments into lasting memories!
- Rendleman Orchards: Since 1873 we have been growing quality peaches, nectarines, apples and vegetables. Farm Market Hours: (July-Dec) Mon - Sat 9am -5pm & Sun 12am - 5pm.